This year, we’re faced with a unique festive season that has yet to recover from the prolonged impact of the pandemic. Lifestyles have changed, consumers are buying differently, supply chains are disrupted, and retailers are closing doors. Around world, consumers are now looking at products and brands through a new lens. The pandemic is reshaping the entire retail industry in real-time and rapidly building consumer preferences. With so many changes taking place, what can brands do to improve customer experience and drive growth as we approach the new year?
For one, discovering new trends, coming up with creative campaign ideas and implementing these effectively will move brands closer to achieving their business goal(s). More importantly, you need to remind customers of that solid connection you have with them. Brands that prove to be more than just a name to customers and form lasting emotional bonds are likely to have staying power, and can expect more engagement and loyalty in return. These customers are also more likely to take action.
As we dust off a very challenging year, it’s time for brands to expand their vision, take a closer look within, and reconfigure their marketing strategy.
Here, we have compiled 6 tips to help you successfully kick start your brand revival:
- Customers first: Be customer-centric in your approach. Look at your brand from the viewpoint of your customers. It’s actually quite simple. The first step to good customer relationships is treating people as you would like to be treated. If you expect efficiency, the you should offer the same. Listen to what they’re saying and be respectful. By focusing on your customers’ needs, you’ll not only be able to manage difficult issues but also be able to fix problems quickly.
- Plan ahead: Research, conduct surveys, analyze the data, and you’ll learn much more about your customers and what matters most to them. Data results facilitate constructive brainstorming for new ideas and help establish a clear goal for what your brand wants to achieve. This entails rethinking your business, audience, key messages and sales. Your goal can be as simple as clearing out last season’s outdated products or generating brand awareness among potential customers.
- Eye on the competition: Keep your ear to the ground and eye on your target – be it your competition or customers and everyone in between. With information that’s changing as quickly as snapping your fingers, you can’t afford to sit back and wait for the information to drop on your lap. Be proactive!
- Right brand messaging: Data analysis will help you craft your messaging that best aligns and resonates with your target group. It will also help identify the appropriate platforms to disseminate your message and boost engagement. Different types of content work better with certain social media platforms, so it’s integral that you consider the type of content you like to create and that works best with your brand. For e.g. Instagram is all about pictures while YouTube works for videos, etc.
- Brand promise: Consumers today build their understanding of brands on the memories that they capture from each interaction with the organization. If you’re not delivering on your brand promise through every touchpoint, then you may be missing out on the opportunity to develop a strong, and lucrative customer following.
- Inside out: Take time to evaluate and re-evaluate your brand from inside out. What’s the vision for your brand and where do you see it going next year? Or the next five years?
Before we go, here’s wishing one and all a happy and healthy holiday season!